WP Durham is a volunteer-led community group dedicated to WordPress. Membership is open to WordPress users, designers, and developers of all skill levels and backgrounds.
Our members come from around the Greater Toronto Area, with a particular focus on the eastern Durham Region municipalities of Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, and Oshawa.
About our meetups
- WordPress Meetups are for the benefit of the WordPress community as a whole, not specific businesses or individuals. All actions taken as an event organizer are with the best interest of the community in mind.
- Membership in the local meetup group is open to all who wish to join, regardless of ability, skill, financial status or any other criteria.
- Meetups are volunteer-run with volunteer speakers. In cases where a modest attendance fee might be necessary, this fee should only cover the costs of the meetup and should not be used to pay speakers or organizers.
- Meetup groups allow events to be organized by any reliable/trusted member of the community.
- Meetups are welcoming places where everyone works to foster an accepting environment which is free of discrimination, incitement to violence, promotion of hate, and general jerk-like behavior.
If you’re interested in seeing a meetup take place, but aren’t interested in hosting it yourself, you can suggest a meetup instead.
If you’re interested in hosting a meetup but don’t know where to start, get in touch with us using the contact form below.
WordPress is free and open source software (FOSS) used to power websites of all sizes around the world.
While it began as a blogging tool in 2003, it evolved over the years to become a go-to platform for small businesses, corporations, nonprofits, academic institutions, major publications, eCommerce retailers, and much more.
About our organizers
Matt Graham is a seasoned WordPress professional with a broad range of skills across project & client management, front-end & back-end development, design tools, and video and audio production. He’s delivered multiple projects for a range of businesses, bringing their visions and designs to life.
Andy McIlwain is a content wrangler & community builder at GoDaddy. He’s a longtime WordPress user, developer, and advocate with a decade of experience in pressing words. He’s also a former co-organizer of WordCamp Toronto and the Toronto WordPress meetup group. Want to connect? You can find Andy on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Questions or comments about our group? Use this form to get in touch.